No, I Don’t Care.
If you’ve spent any time online in the last 5 years you’d have heard of “The Law of Attraction” which was popularised in the book The Secret.
(…which like every other self help book is basically a rip off of the classic; Think and Grow Rich)
Maybe you’re expecting me to rag on self help… but you expect wrong – I’m not. Why would I?
If you don’t help yourself, who will?
What I am going to comment on is one of the principles behind it.
Basically this idea that you get what you ask for. I know… I know – bullshit you cry.
I agree. You don’t get what you ask for.
You get what you WORK for.
I can’t just ask the universe for a Ferrari. I’ve got to make a plan and work for it. And if I work hard enough and smart enough, maybe it will happen.
So, you don’t get what you ask for.
What you DO get though is what you look for. Do it for long enough and how you see anything is how you’ll see everything.
I get a lot of emails and messages from people giving out and complaining. Not about me. But about things other trainers are doing, things they saw in their gyms, or things that “only a good trainer” would know.
Bitching and moaning about that stuff makes them feel like part of a special insider circle. The enlightened ones I guess. And because they get the gratification and happiness boost from it, they keep doing it.
Instead of being positive and looking for good, they go negative and look for bad.
Then they share those experiences with me and others in the hopes of bonding and feeling special.
I’ll say this once, and I’ll say it decisively…
I DO NOT CARE:
- what the gym down the road did
- about the silly training advice in last weeks newspaper
- that your client has gone to train with someone cheaper
- if the better looking trainer has more clients even though he’s shit
- about the really bad deadlift video that just got put up of a trainer and his client
- what “X” fitspo is doing, or how popular he/she is based off their abs
- how much you think you deserve to be in shape but can’t get there
- about how you justify your latest cheat meal
- that you haven’t got the results you want from the work you didn’t do
….and most of all I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HOW MUCH BETTER BITCHING AND MOANING MAKES YOU FEEL, because if that’s all you do, you’ll always find things to be a miserable shitehawk about.How about instead of pissing and moaning, you try this;
1) Think of 3 things you’re grateful for. Step into that moment, see what you saw, hear what you heard and feel what you felt. Relive it.
2) Think of 3 things over the next week which will happen that will feel amazing. Step into that moment, imagine what you’ll see, hear and feel, and how warm and awesome the experience will be.
You can’t wish for material possessions and expect em.
But goddamnit if you wish for miserable experiences you’re gonna get them again and again.
Don’t be that guy.
PS – The same principle applies to training too – you can’t just wish yourself into shape, but you can attract the right people and places to help you get there. We’ve a new ladies strength program starting up at the end of the month in RevFit, and if you join now you can train one of our groups for the last 2 weeks of the month on us.
Check more out here: https://revolutionfitness.leadpages.co/ladies-lifting-program-short/